Composer Gabriel Dharmoo came back from a long stay in India last year with his mind full of ideas, sounds and colors. Relive this amazing experience with him through the Indian vibe of the programmed pieces as well as the result of an artistic collaboration between himself, composer Jean-François Blouin and dancer Julie Pichette.
– Janani, violin, viola, cello, bass and piano, Asha Srinivasan
– Mokshamu, for solo violin and three strings, Thyagaraja, arr. V.S. Narasimhan
– Pranam II, for chamber ensemble, Giacinto Scelsi
– Sangit Sambhav, chamber orchestra, Sandeep Bhagwati and Ashok Ranade
– Moondraal Moondru (premiere), for chamber orchestra, Gabriel Dharmoo
* Prelude and interludes, Jean-François Blouin (electro), Gabriel Dharmoo (voice, cello) and Julie Pichette (dance)
Gabriel Dharmoo, artistic direction, Jean-Michel Malouf, conductor
Thursday, June 3rd, 2010 at 8:00PM, at the Conservatoire de musique
de Montréal (Concert Hall), 4750 Ave. Henri-Julien, Montréal
Tickets: $ 20 (gen.) and $ 10 (30 and under)
Ragamalika is presented by Ensemble Chorum.
Infos : Sophie Fréchette
613-868-9235 / 514-278-3654