The first show for L’Opera de Montreal in 2012 is Verdi’s Il Trovatore. As you might expect of someone born in Italy (Milan, to be precise), Verdi’s opera is filled with sizzle and passion. Count di Luna lusts for the stunning Leonora. Leonora wants Marico, a traveling singer. The two men wage battle for the hand and heart of Leonora. It will surely mean death for one of them. All this is being closely monitored by the witch Azucena, a woman who wants revenge. Set in medieval times, Il Trovatore is Verdi’s second opera in a trilogy.
The opera is directed by Oriol Thomas with the conductor being Francesco Maria Colombo. It is sung in Italian with French and English subtitles.
- Cast: Leonora : Hiromi Omura, soprano
- Manrico : Dongwon Shin, ténor
- Comte de Luna : Gregory Dahl, baryton
- Azucena : Laura Brioli, mezzo
- Ferrando : Ernesto Morillo, basse
- Inez : Karine Boucher, soprano
- Ruiz : Riccardo Iannello, ténor
- Un Gitan: Jean-Michel Richer, baryton
- Un messager : Gaétan Sauvageau, ténor
-Ticket Purchase: www.billeterie.pda.qc.ca
-Ticket Prices: $49.76, $74.34, $99.80, $127.01 (plus taxes and handling charges)
-Show Time: 7:30 p.m.