Watching “Finding Nemo” on blu-ray was almost as enjoyable as seeing it for the first time on the big screen. Although the spectacular imagery is more impressive on the big screen, the quality of the 3D blu-ray picture as well as the additional features makes renting or buying this movie a must.
Albert Brooks provides the voice of Marlin, an overprotective Clownfish living on the Great Barrier Reef. We follow Marlin on an adventure filled search for his son Nemo, voiced by Alexander Gould. Joining Marlin is Dory, sweet yet forgetful, hilariously portrayed by Ellen DeGeneres.
Pixar Studios, creators of “Toy Story”, “A Bug’s Life” and “Monsters, Inc.”, has the uncanny ability to personalize the characters to such an extent that they take on the mannerisms and facial expressions of the actors portraying them.
The story is sad at times, hilarious at others, and is thoroughly enjoyable for kids and adults alike.
This 2-disk Collector’s Edition includes a slew of great additional features.
- Widescreen presentation of film with introduction (1.78:1, includes French & Spanish subtitles)
- Visual commentary with deleted scenes & recording sessions
- “Making Nemo” documentary
- “The Art of Nemo” narrated by the artists
- Virtual aquariums
Disc Two: Family Fun
- Reframed full screen presentation of film with introduction (1.33:1, includes French & Spanish tracks)
- “Exploring the Reef” a new short with Jean-Michel Cousteau and your Nemo friends
- Pixar short Knick Knack with commentary
- A peek at the next Pixar film, The Incredibles
- Fisharades game
- Read-along storytime
- Learning fun with Mr. Ray’s encyclopedia
- Behind the scenes: A tour of the Pixar Studios, character interviews, publicity
- More virtual aquariums