ONE17 – A Christmas Celebration is a playful and lively show guaranteed to lift your spirits and bring you to your feet! Carol Bernard’s genius sketches a Gospel rainbow, ranging from traditional to hip-hop, in English and in French. The contagious energy of the 100+ voices of these two choirs will captivate audiences of all ages!
This year, Carol Bernard is thrilled to welcome international classical artist, Audrey DuBois Harris, who will join the choirs to perform a special rendition of “O Holy Night” and other classics.
Audrey DuBois Harris has graced the world’s stages in opera, classical, jazz, sacred, inspirational and gospel music. She’s also been featured in several gospel concerts held by the Queen of Soul herself, Aretha Franklin, and during the Obama administration, Audrey Dubois Harris dazzled The White House in a Christmas event where she presented a full program of sacred and gospel songs, as well as an assortment of classic yuletide carols.
JIREH Gospel Choir, based in Montreal and directed by Carol Bernard, has carved out quite a name for itself in the gospel music industry in Canada and Europe. Whether performing outdoors or in an intimate setting, the choir delivers a powerful punch that leaves no one unmoved. From timeless classics to original compositions, JIREH perfectly combines traditional and contemporary gospel sounds.
Some of JIREH’s impressive accomplishments:
at the Bell Centre in 2016 as Kirk Franklin’s special guests
- Performed at the 2016 Montreal Jazz Festival on the TD Stage (main outdoor stage)
- Awarded Gospel Album of the year 2015
- Platinum album with Mario Pelchat “Noël avec Jireh Gospel Choir” followed by tour dates
- 42 concerts, and counting, in performance venues and festivals since 2014
- FACTOR funded album Get Up released in November 2014
- Performance on Belle & Bum and other TV shows
- Montreal International Jazz Festival with Cirque du Soleil
- Montreux Jazz Festival (Switzerland) and Toronto Jazz Festival
- Represented Canada at an international showcase in France
Founded in 2011 by Carol Bernard, the Montreal Gospel Choir (MGC) continues to enchant its growing audience through musical excellence and vibrant performances. This 80-voice choir is composed of men and women of different cultures and ages, a beautiful representation of Montreal’s cultural landscape. The words family, love, joy, innovation, infectious energy, and goose bumps are often associated with MGC.
ONE17 – A Christmas Celebration
Saturday, December 9 at 8pm
309 Rue Rachel E
$42.29 (Taxes & Service Charges Included)
On sale now at montrealgospel.com