What more can be said about this film? I believe it to be a modern sci fi classic. It changed everything about sci fi films and films in general. The technology/the way the Wachowski brothers shot the film is amazing. It should be even that much more fun in blu-ray.
Thomas Anderson (Keanu Reeves – The Lake House, The Replacements) is an ordinary guy who hacks into computers for a living. He meets a man named Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne – Mission: Impossible III, Mystic River) who shows him that the world he is living in is make-believe. Hesitant at first, he then is shown proof by Morpheus. They meet up with a woman named Trinity (Carrie-Anne Moss – Memento, Chocolat), who is also aware of what is going on.
The androids who have taken over the world have created this perfect false world in order to keep the human race pacified. Neo, Trinity and Morpheus have got to try to lead the humans to freedom and the androids are not going to let them…without a fight anyways.
- Written Introduction by the Wachowskis
- “Philosopher” Commentary by Dr. Cornel West and Ken Wilbur
- “Critics” Commentary by Todd McCarthy, John Powers and David Thomson
- “Cast & Crew” Commentary by Carrie-Anne Moss, Zach Staenberg and John Gaeta
- “Composer” Commentary by Don Davis with Music Only Track
- The Matrix Revisited
- Follow the White Rabbit
- Take the Red Pill
- Marilyn Manson “Rock is Dead” Music Video
- Teaser Trailer
- Theatrical Trailer