- 343 Total films: Features — 255; Shorts — 88 (340 Total films: Features — 256; Shorts — 84)
- 232 Features that are World, International or North American Premieres: 138, 22 and 72
respectively (238 Total: 147 World; 19 International; 72 North American Premieres)
- 7926 Total submissions: International — 6846; Canadian — 1080 (7,299 Total: International — 6,166;
Canadian — 1,133)
- 83 Countries represented (74)
- 34% Films by women (33%)
- 136 Female leads, plus one elephant queen
- 31,300 Total number of hours TIFF CEO Piers Handling has spent watching films during his 36 years at
- 11 Films about musicians
- 30,055 Minutes of film, equal to more than 20 days of viewing
- 14 Hours (Longest film): La Flor ( The Flower) in Wavelengths
- 43 Seconds ( Shortest film): The Invisible Cinema 3 in Wavelengths
- 7 Films shown in 35mm — when lined up, it would take two and a half hours to walk the length!
- 3 Films by actors making their directorial debut: Bradley Cooper, Paul Dano, Jonah Hill
- 1,107.5 Feet of red carpet — more than twice the height of the TIFF Bell Lightbox!
- 3,000 Enthusiastic Festival Volunteers
- 36 Festivals worked by our longest serving volunteer
- 34,000 Average number of steps a TIFF events coordinator takes on Opening Night
- 3,100 Pounds of popcorn kernel prepared at TIFF Bell Lightbox during the Festival
- 14,000+ Members and Donors who support TIFF year-round
- 3 Couples have met in TIFF lines that have since married
- 1,031 Individuals have donated to TIFF’s Share Her Journey fundraising campaign
- 365 Days in a year when you can enjoy films at TIFF Bell Lightbox
The 2018 Toronto International Film Festival Official Film Schedule was released and is available at
TIFF Bell Lightbox or by visiting tiff.net/schedule.
Festival tickets go on sale September 3 at 10am (TIFF Member pre-sale September 1 from 10am to 4pm). Buy
tickets online at tiff.net, by phone at 416.599.TIFF or 1.888.599.8433 , or in person at a box office. See box
office locations and hours at tiff.net/tickets.