City and Colour, acclaimed singer, songwriter and performer Dallas Green, releases his very special live album, Guide Me Back Home, on all formats today. The album is the first official release on Still Records, the new label Green recently launched as an imprint of Dine Alone Records. Guide Me Back Home has been available digitally since October 5 and has already surpassed 4 Million streams. It is available to stream and purchase on all DSPs HERE. As of today, both CD and vinyl formats are available in retail outlets worldwide. The 3xLP vinyl set, housed in a triple gatefold jacket is available in 4 colour variants: standard black edition, limited Orange exclusive to retail outlets, a black-inside-yellow exclusive to Dine Alone Records Store (limited to 100 units) and a Bone and Orange Swirl, exclusive as a pre-order in the City and Colour webstore (limited to 1800 units) which is has already sold-out. To commemorate the release, merchandise inspired by the album is also available to purchase HERE.
Guide Me Back Home is a beautifully recorded and meticulously curated 21-song album, produced by long-time friend Karl Bareham. The album was recorded during 2017’s sold-out “An Evening with City and Colour – Solo” Canadian tour where Green performed serene, stripped-down iterations of songs spanning his award-winning catalogue in an intimate theatre environment. The tour covered 25 cities from coast-to-coast. $1 from the sale of each Guide Me Back Home album worldwide will be donated to MusiCounts. The special 3xLP vinyl set features the photography of Vanessa Heins and a handwritten note from Dallas about this special tour.
Of the album, Green says, “It’s more than just a live record to me. It is my love letter to Canada.”
In 2016, as the support cycle for 2015’s #1 album If I Should Go Before You was winding down, a mentally and physically exhausted Green was watching the “madness” surrounding the U.S. presidential election unfold from his home in Nashville. That’s when the highways of his homeland started calling out to him. “I felt like I needed to go see more of the country I’m from – to explore it more deeply and play for people who’ve travelled to see me over the years a little closer to where they might be from, and maybe find some new people that might be willing to listen, too.”
City and Colour is undeniably one of the biggest groundswell stories to emerge from Canada. Over the course of five studio albums, Green has compiled a canon ripe with songs born of adoration and devotion amassing a legion of fans worldwide and garnering him 3 JUNOs, including two SONGWRITER OF THE YEAR awards, plus 3 Double Platinum, 1 Platinum, and 1 Gold certification at home in Canada. Alongside these accomplishments, Green has been awarded four Platinum-certified studio albums as a member of Alexisonfire. City and Colour’s last studio album If I Should Go Before You debuted at #1, his third consecutive chart-topper in Canada. The LP also made serious waves internationally debuting at #16 on the U.S. Billboard 200 Chart and #5 in Australia where Green’s LP Little Hell was certified GOLD. In 2014, Green collaborated with international superstar Alecia Moore (aka P!nk) on a new project titled You+Me. The duo’s acclaimed Platinum-certified first record, rose ave., debuted at #4 on the U.S. Top 200 Chart, #1 in Canada, #2 in Australia culminating in memorable performances on The Ellen Show and Jimmy Kimmel Live. In addition to widespread commercial success, If I Should Go Before You received critical acclaim from notable international media.
City and Colour has performed to sold-out crowds across the U.S. and has headlined arena tours across Canada, including a sold-out concert at the Air Canada Centre (now Scotiabank Arena) followed by 2 back to back sold-out shows at Molson Canadian Amphitheatre (now Budweiser Stage) in Toronto.
Guide Me Back Home Tracklisting
- Forgive Me / Two Coins (Live in Wolfville, NS – May 5, 2017)
- Friends (Live in Surrey, BC – April 7, 2017)
- What Makes a Man? (Live in Sainte-Thérèse, QC – April 27, 2017)
- If I Should Go Before You (Live in Truro, NS – May 4, 2017)
- We Found Each Other in the Dark (Live in Charlottetown, PEI – April 30, 2017)
- Silver and Gold (Live in Fredericton, NB – May 8, 2017)
- Hello, I’m In Delaware (Live in Saint John, NB – May 2, 2017)
- O’ Sister (Live in Vernon, BC – April 13, 2017)
- Runaway (Live in Truro, NS – May 4, 2017)
- Twilight (Live in Glace Bay, NS – May 11, 2017)
- Casey’s Song (Live in Banff, AB – April 18, 2017)
- Lover Come Back (Live in Cornerbrook, NL – May 15, 2017)
- As Much as I Ever Could (Live in Halifax, NS – May 10, 2017)
- Paradise (Live in Fredericton, NB – May 8, 2017)
- Against the Grain (Live in Vernon, BC – April 13, 2017)
- Comin’ Home (Live in Pictou, NS – May 6, 2017)
- Sensible Heart (Live in St. John’s, NL – May 14, 2017)
- Waiting… (Live in Pictou, NS – May 6, 2017)
- The Girl (Live in Halifax, NS – May 10, 2017)
- Sleeping Sickness (Live in Halifax, NS – May 9, 2017)