“It’s Bruno!” is a comedy series about the misadventures of Malcolm, a man living in New York, and his most treasured companion, a puggle named Bruno. Malcolm refuses to let anyone on their Bushwick block treat Bruno any less than the good boy that he is. So when competition arises, from adoring ladies, to angry neighbors, and even stuck up local business owners, Malcolm and Bruno face them together, demonstrating the unbreakable connection between a human and his pet.
The series debuted on Netflix on Friday May 16.
Creator Solvan “Slick” Naim on his Puggle and Star of “It’s Bruno!”:
⁃ How he found Bruno:
“I found Bruno through a lady named Emelda who ran her own adoption shelter out of her minivan in the Bronx. I never even saw a pic of Bruno she just told me she had an adorable Puggle that needed a home and that he was a real sweetheart. I took her word on it and here are we are,” Naim said.
– What Bruno means to you (as well as your other dogs)
“Bruno means the world to me. So do my other dogs. But Bruno is a star. I always knew it. All he gives is love and positive energy so im excited for the world to watch the show and absorb some of that,” Naim said.
– What this series represents for pet and dog owners
“It represents the bond and relationship that pet owners have for their pets and what the owners will do to keep them safe and comfortable,” Naim said.
Be sure to follow Bruno the dog on Instagram (@itsbrunoshow) to see his journey from rescue dog to bone-a fide star!
• Episodes: 8
• Premieres: May 17, 2019
• Cast: Solvan “Slick “Naim (Director: “Blacklist,” “Animal Kingdom,” “Power”), Rob Morgan (“Mudbound,” “Daredevil,” “Luke Cage”), and Shakira Barrera (“GLOW,” “Lethal Weapon,” “Queen of the South”)
• Writer/Director/Executive Producer: Solvan “Slick” Naim
• Producers: Molly Conners, Amanda Bowers, and Vincent Morano
• Studios: Netflix, Stage 13,
Production Companies: SLI Entertainment, Phiphen Pictures LLC