March 17-21 marks the sweet spot of the SXSW Music Festival.
A lot of the most compelling content at the 2020 SXSW Conference also occurs during these dates. Tracks that happen during the second half of the week include Cannabusiness, Creating & Monetizing Music, Design, Fantastic Future, Future of Music, Professional Development, Space, and Tech Industry & Enterprise.
Check out 10 of the most intriguing sessions scheduled during this five-day period of music, networking, discovery:
- Digital Play Is Winning – Can Screen Time Be Good? (March 17): The concepts of screen time and digital playgrounds for kids are increasingly important topics that parents around the world have had to grapple with in the last decade. Join the thought leaders behind this subject for a robust discussion on the impact of digital play.
- Under the Hood: The Mechanics of Cannabusiness (March 18): Are you interested in venturing into the cannabis industry? Hear from rockstar industry veterans on the mechanics of a cannabusiness and how this market differs from mainstream expectations.
- When Video Games and Tech Bring History to Life (March 18): One of my favorite concepts from the advancement of XR is that we can relive and revisit moments in history through the use of technology. Join the experts behind some of the best case studies of this concept as we talk about bringing people around the world closer to history through these convergent tech tools.
- Does Your Design Speak Emoji? (March 19): What do you think of when you hear the phrase “hieroglyphs of the future”? If you thought emojis, you are correct! The use of emojis is growing at a global level and we’ll be discussing how designers can leverage them in different ways.
- From Inspiration to Reality: Your First AR Effect (March 19): Don’t get left behind by the AR train! We’ll be diving deep into this technology and showing anyone interested the step-by-step process on how to build their first AR experience for Facebook or Instagram!
- Space for All: The Future’s Frontier (March 19): Ever look up at the stars and just marvel at the vast openness above us? Our drive to explore and understand space continues to push the industry forward and this March. We’ll be hearing about the wide-ranging applications that the future of the space industry will provide, applications that may lead to opportunities for a more engaged, diverse and inclusive society back here on earth.
- AI & the Future of Free Will (March 20): Ever wonder about the distant future where the lines between artificial intelligence and our free will have blurred? If you’re questioning the philosophies around our relationship with artificial intelligence and our personal freedom, you won’t want to miss this panel.
- Music to My Eyes: AR and the Music Industry (March 20): Who said music needs to only be for our ears? The visualization of music experiences is increasing at an exponential rate and I’m not just talking about holograms! The rise of augmented reality is taking the music industry to the next level and we’ll be learning about what’s possible.
- Fan Hacking: Acquiring and Retaining More Fans (March 21): Managing a musician’s fanbase can be a science on its own. How do you keep retaining your fans while also pushing forward with growing new ones? These music and tech speakers will show you how to hack the process in new and innovative ways.
- New Ethics in the Emotion Economy (March 21): Technology has evolved at such a rapid pace that the industry is now developing the emotional layer of our devices, such as the tone of voice for our smart assistants. This concept of emotion tech is upon us and we’ll be talking about the unique considerations that need to go into the development of such technologies.
Catch all the amazing programming by registering to attend. Special discounts apply for students and groups. After you register, then book your room though SXSW Housing & Travel.