REPUBLIC RECORDS TO RELEASE THE HIGH NOTE ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK ON MAY 29
WATCH “LOVE MYSELF” HERE
“Love Myself” is the first single to the upcoming film The High Note in which Tracee Ellis Ross stars in as recording artist “Grace Davis.”
Last week, Tracee Ellis Ross debuted “Love Myself” on Instagram Live to fans and friends like, Michelle Obama, Janelle Monáe, Lena Waithe, Sarah Paulson, Kerry Washington, her incredible mother Diana Ross, and more.
Watch the premiere HERE and listen to “Love Myself” HERE.
Written by Sarah Aarons [Alessia Cara, John Legend, Khalid] and Greg Kurstin [Paul McCartney, P!nk, Céline Dion], “Love Myself” is a pivotal song in the movie performed by Tracee Ellis Ross as “Grace Davis.” This notably marks the first time the actress has released a song, which highlights her dynamic voice as “Grace Davis” and sets the stage for both the record and the film.
Produced by GRAMMY® Award-winner Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins [Michael Jackson, Beyoncé], the 15-song Original Motion Picture Soundtrack features new recordings by cast members Ross and Kelvin Harrison, Jr.
Beyond “Love Myself,” Ross delivers stunning performances of “Bad Girl,” “Stop For A Minute,” “New To Me,” and a duet with Harrison, Jr. on “Like I Do.” Additionally, classics from Donny Hathaway, Maxine Brown, and Aretha Franklin as well as the single “Mind Over Matter” by Anthony Ramos round out the tracklisting.
The High Note (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- Love Myself (The High Note) – Tracee Ellis Ross
- Stop For A Minute – Tracee Ellis Ross
- Let’s Stay Together – Kelvin Harrison Jr.
- Share Your Love with Me – Aretha Franklin
- You Send Me – Kelvin Harrison Jr.
- Oh No Not My Baby – Maxine Brown
- Bad Girl – Tracee Ellis Ross
- Track 8 – Kelvin Harrison Jr.
- Mind Over Matter – Anthony Ramos
- Chemistry – Kelvin Harrison Jr.
- Jealous Guy (Live at The Bitter End 1971) – Donny Hathaway
- New to Me – Tracee Ellis Ross
- Like I Do – Tracee Ellis Ross & Kelvin Harrison Jr.
- You Send Me (Darkchild Mix) – Kelvin Harrison Jr.
- Love Myself (Film Version) – Tracee Ellis Ross
THE HIGH NOTE – At Home On Demand May 29th
For more information go to WatchTheHighNote.com
ABOUT THE HIGH NOTE
Set in the dazzling world of the LA music scene comes the story of Grace Davis (Tracee Ellis Ross), a superstar whose talent, and ego, have reached unbelievable heights, and Maggie (Dakota Johnson), her overworked personal assistant. While stuck running errands, Maggie still aspires to her childhood dream of becoming a music producer. When Grace’s manager (Ice Cube) presents her with a choice that could alter the course of her career, Maggie and Grace come up with a plan that could change their lives forever.