The Festival des Arts de Saint-Sauveur and its Artistic Director Guillaume Côté have done their utmost to create this extraordinary project titled A Shared Solitude. An essential partner in this artistic adventure, the Orchestre Métropolitain and its musicians, under the direction of the Conductor and Artistic Director Yannick Nézet-Séguin, collaborated with the FASS so that 20 creations from 20 paired artists can be presented throughout the summer.
Five of the ten duets were announced last week and here are the remaining five:
– Virginie Brunelle, on a score by Roozbeh Tabandeh performed by the violinist Marcelle Mallette
– Vanesa G.R. Montoya, on a score by François-Hugues Leclair performed by the oboist Mélanie Harel
– Margie Gillis, on a score by Marie-Pierre Brasset performed by the violist Elvira Misbakhova
– Eva Kolarova, on a score by Maggie Ayotte performed by horn player Louis-Philippe Marsolais
– Andrew Skeels on a score by Isabelle Panneton performed by the trumpeter Stéphane Beaulac
Those previously announced are:
– Daina Ashbee on a score by Alejandra Odgers performed by flautist and piccoliste Caroline Séguin
– Marie Chouinard on a score by Louis Dufort performed by percussionist Alexandre Lavoie
– Guillaume Côté with Yannick Nézet-Séguin at the piano on a score by Éric Champagne
– Anne Plamondon on a score by Cléo Palacio-Quintin performed by trombonist Patrick Richer
– Crazy Smooth on a score by Marc Hyland performed by clarinetist Simon Aldrich
This special 2020 FASS edition will be free and digital, making it more accessible than ever in Quebec, Canada and abroad, while remaining connected to Saint-Sauveur. Each week, from July 5th to September 6th, short films of these creations, directed by Louis-Martin Charest, will offer a window into the work of the artists and be available on the FASS website as well as on YouTube and Vimeo.
In addition, Guillaume Côté and Yannick Nézet-Séguin will follow and document the creative process of the 20 artists through interviews that will be part of the final product shown online. When circumstances permit, the creations will be recorded outdoors in the sublime Laurentian landscapes around the city of Saint-Sauveur.