We’re on a New Platform with a
New Website, New Apps, and New Features!
It’s been a joy to see OVID grow over the past year and become a home to almost 1,000 films! To celebrate, they’ve crafted a whole new look and way to experience their streaming destination. You’re sure to love the new experience, but there are some housekeeping notes:
- IMPORTANT! You have a new account on our new platform, and you will need to update your OVID password the first time you log in to the site. Visit ovid.tv/forgot_password to update your password.
- If you currently enjoy OVID via a browser, for example, on your computer, there’s nothing else you need to do.
- If you access OVID via an iOS device, for example, an iPhone or iPad, you’ll need to update your OVID app. When you launch your app, you will be prompted to go to the App Store for the update.
- Likewise, if you watch OVID on your Apple TV, you will be prompted to update your Apple TV OVID app.
- If you watch OVID on your Fire TV, your OVID app should be updated automatically. But just in case you changed the setting regarding app updates, here’s a link to help you get your OVID app updated: aftvnews.com/how-to-update-an-app-on-the-amazon-fire-tv-or-fire-tv-stick/
- If you currently enjoy OVID on Roku, again, your OVID app should be updated automatically. But just in case you changed the Roku setting for app updates, here’s a link that will help you get your Roku OVID app updated: businessinsider.com/how-to-update-roku
- Android users will need a new OVID app. Visit the Google Play store and search for “OVID”. The old app will continue to work through the end of June, so make sure you get the new app before then.
Here are some other changes and features on the new platform:
- Simplified sign-up: the old process was, we admit, clunky and confusing. The new sign-up process takes place on one form, more or less, and all of the subscription options are easy to see.
- Offline viewing! You may now save a film to watch when you don’t have Internet access, for example, on the road.
- More account settings: you can maintain your email settings, change your personal information, and even add an image to your account, all via Account settings.
- Upgrade your subscription: you purchased a monthly subscription, and want to save some money? Convert to an annual subscription via the “Manage subscription” option.
- “Keep Watching” is now called “Continue watching”. Unfortunately, any films on your “Keep Watching” list on the old platform did not make the switch to the new platform.
- “Watch Later” is now called “My List”. Likewise, your old “Watch Later” list did not make the switch, and you will need to re-build your list of films to check out.
- Improved search options: the Search link will do a great keyword search, but we will be providing additional search options and the ability to see a list of all of the films on OVID via the “All films” link at the top of the page.
- Simplified gifting: you can now order gift subscriptions from your OVID account. If you are logged in, click on the Billing tab of Account settings. If you are not logged in, click on the “Start free trial” link at the top right of the page.