Narratives Beyond Borders: The Korean New Wave Cinema by Women Directors (1950-2020, Series I)
INVITATION TO KFFC’s ONLINE OPENING RECEPTION
You are cordially invited to the Online Opening Reception, which will be streamed simultaneously in the West and the East at the following times:
- Montreal, Quebec: October 29 from 7 pm to 8 pm (EDT. GMT-4)
- Seoul, South Korea: October 30 from 8 am to 9 am (EST. GMT-9)
Please visit the event page to confirm your attendance: here. The access link will be sent to you automatically.
The organizers look forward to connecting with you, from Korea to Canada!
Film Line-up: koreanfilm.ca/films
The two opening films are: Lucky Chan-sil (찬실이는 복도 많지, 2019) directed by KIM Cho-hee and I’ll Be Seeing HER (황홀경, 2003) directed by KIM Soyoung. We are happy to announce the last-minute entry of the fresh, new film A French Woman (프랑스 여자, 2020) by KIM Hee-jung. This new addition brings the total of 22 films that include drama, comedy, documentary, art films and new media arts, among others.
The film Lucky Chan-sil (찬실이는 복도 많지) will be also be screened at Montreal’s Cinéma Moderne
In keeping with the festival’s theme, Narratives Beyond Borders: The Korean New Wave Cinema by Women Directors (1950-2020, Series I), we will present a wide variety of films by Korean and Korean-Canadian women filmmakers. To add depth to the proceedings, women directors, scholars and actors will share their personal views in ART-Talks: koreanfilm.ca/aapl/art-talks
Tickets can be purchased now on their website: koreanfilm.ca/ticket
- Single pass CAD$4.50 (plus service fee)
- Short film, sound performance, and media-art package: Watch all short films, sound performances, and media-art films for CAD$4.50 (plus service fee)
- Festival pass: Gives access to the entire program between Oct. 29 and Nov. 30, 2020: CAD$9.50 (plus service fee)
* Each Single Movie will only be accessible for 48h for a purchaser.
* Following the agreement between the festival and film distribution companies, each film is limited to 1,000 clicks/views. That film will then be closed screening even before November 30th, 2020. To watch the film at one click, you are offering a chance to the other public to still watch the film. We thank you for your cooperation.)
Watch trailers and choose YOUR film at koreanfilm.ca/films
Mark Oct. 29 on your calendar and get ready to discover Korean New Wave Cinema by Women Directors.
*The team is committed to supporting artists and filmmakers. All the box-office proceeds will be donated to women’s film and arts organizations in Quebec and Korea to support artists during the pandemic lockdown.