By any means necessary. That and the belief that family is everything is what John Dutton (played by Kevin Costner) is all about. For the Duttons, who own the largest ranch in the United States. Just that fact makes them a target. A target for those who want a little bit of the power that kind of ownership brings.
As far as cable series go this one was a ratings king as it was the most watched cable series over the summer. Who doesn’t like family drama mixed with violence? Obviously not many. The series has already been renewed for a third season.
More violence and switching of sides happens aplenty in season two. Danger is everywhere for the Duttons. Really this is no different from the first season. So those who watched season one will be very familiar with the formula. To keep things interesting and a little less formulaic, circumstances and characters do go through a series of changes.
The Duttons, especially patriarch John, are trying to cling to a rather old fashioned way of life with the modern world knocking firmly at their door. Despite the fact that this takes place in a Western type setting the themes are rather universal so most can relate. Especially the family dynamics stuff.
All rounded out by gorgeous cinematography, strong acting from the large cast and appealing storylines.
- Behind the Story for each episode
- Inside Yellowstone: Season 2
- Costner on Yellowstone: Season 2
- Working the Yellowstone: Fight Choreography – Exclusive!
- Only Devils Left – Making Yellowstone: Season 2 – Exclusive!
- Yellowstone Tintype Photography Behind the Scenes
- Stories from the Bunkhouse for each episode
- Deleted Scenes – Exclusive!