Like so many of our members, the 2019 premiere of Tidying Up inspired me to “spark joy” and declutter my home. When I went to Goodwill to donate several bags of clothing (that I had lovingly “thanked”), the employee asked me, “Did you watch that Marie Kondo show on Netflix?” She excitedly informed me about the surge in donations following the show’s debut. For me personally, it was gratifying to see the widespread positive impact of Marie’s methods, and the series in general.
Since then, we’ve continued to see how home organization and design shows can motivate our members to improve their surroundings and their lives.
That’s why we’re very proud to partner with the leading names in home transformation for new seasons of Get Organized with The Home Edit and Dream Home Makeover, plus the new series Sparking Joy with Marie Kondo coming soon to Netflix.
If you’re looking for immediate inspiration, check out the earlier seasons of these shows — including Tidying Up — or our new series Marriage or Mortgage, in which couples decide between planning a wedding or buying and designing their dream home.
Get Organized with The Home Edit is returning for a second season:
- Synopsis: Clea Shearer and Joanna Teplin, the master organizers and bestselling authors behind the innovative home organization company The Home Edit, are back to conquer clutter with their unique brand of interior styling, practicality and humor, dramatically transforming the lives of their clients. This season, viewers will take a closer look into Clea and Joanna’s groundbreaking business – featuring even bigger organization projects, along with several celebrities surprising deserving friends and family members with makeovers.
- Executive Producers: Clea Shearer and Joanna Teplin; Hello Sunshine’s Reese Witherspoon, Sara Rea and Sue Kinkead; Critical Content’s Tom Forman, Jenny Daly, and Jon Beyer; and Molly Sims
- Showrunner: Omid Kahangi
- Production Companies: Hello Sunshine and Critical Content
Dream Home Makeover has been renewed for a third season:
- Synopsis: Dream Home Makeover follows the lives of Syd and Shea McGee as they run their successful home design business and raise their two daughters (and one baby on the way). Episodes feature design projects that range from one-room designs to full home builds and renovations, effortlessly applying the same set of principles to every project, creating jaw-dropping interiors that are unfussy, accessible, and breathtakingly simple at any level of the budget ladder.
- Executive Producers: Rich Bye, Shea McGee and Syd McGee
- Production Company: Goodbye Pictures
Sparking Joy with Marie Kondo will premiere this summer:
- Synopsis: Global organization icon and best-selling author Marie Kondo takes her signature approach to tidying up a step further in her new, transformational Netflix series, Sparking Joy. Marie shows us how the fundamentals of her method can affect our businesses, relationships and communities. The impacts of tidying are surprising, emotional and transformative in the lives of the people Marie meets. Throughout the process, viewers will also step into Marie’s own home, meet her family, and get a glimpse into how she sparks joy in her daily life!
- Executive Producers: Jane Lipsitz, Dan Cutforth, Dan Volpe, Nan Strait, Rachelle Mendez and Grace Lee-Toumanidis serve as executive producers for Alfred Street. Marie Kondo and Takumi Kawahara serve as executive producers for KonMari Media Inc.
- Showrunner: Rachelle Mendez
- Production Company: Alfred Street Industries and KonMari Media Inc.