- Netflix has acquired worldwide rights and will release the film on April 9, 2021.
- The film is currently nominated for an Academy Award® in the Live Action Short Film category.
- Emmy®-Award winner Travon Free and Martin Desmond Roe directed the film. Travon Free also wrote the film.
- Cast: Joey Bada$$, Andrew Howard, Zaria
- Producers: Lawrence Bender, Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs, Chris Uettwiller, Jesse Williams
- Executive Producers: Michael A. Conley II, Kevin Durant, Tina Exarhos, Samir Hernandez, Terrence Jenkins, Rich Kleiman, Van Lathan, Nicholas Maye, Mickey Meyer, Michael Novogratz, The Pritzker Pucker Family, Jordan Schultz, Athan Stephanopoulos
- Quote from directors Travon Free & Martin Desmond Roe: “When we set out to create this short in the middle of the simultaneous pandemic and social justice crises, we didn’t know what to expect. But in just 5 days, we pulled off the nearly impossible to make this incredible film. And all of us have been so filled with gratitude to see so many people responding to this story of resilience and perseverance. Two Distant Strangers tackles a tough subject for everyone, but in an effort to forge a new direction in the conversation. And now having Netflix come on board to bring that message to millions is an incredible opportunity.”
In “Two Distant Strangers,” cartoonist Carter James’ repeated attempts to get home to his dog are thwarted by a recurring deadly encounter that forces him to re-live the same awful day over and over again.