The demo for the survival horror Lust from Beyond: M Edition has landed on Steam and GOG.com, along with the new Release Date Trailer. The M-rated version of the successful 2021 title will be released on Steam, GOG.com and GeForce Now on 10 February 2022.
Lust from Beyond: M Edition is a first-person Lovecraftian survival horror, with beautiful visuals inspired by Giger and Beksinski. The game offers a dark, provocative story told within a gameplay varying between exploration, combat, sneaking, puzzle solving, and interaction with NPCs.
You are Victor Holloway, an antiquarian tormented by visions of a sinister land, where there’s no difference between pain and pleasure. To unravel the true meaning of your dreams, you join the esoteric Cult of Ecstasy.
What Is the M Edition?
The M Edition is the same game tastefully tailored for a wider audience. M stands for the new Mature rating, but also for the many motifs of the Lust universe. The omnipresent Mystery, the iconic Masks, and overwhelming Madness.
The M Edition contains the following changes from the Adult Only edition:
- Some models have been changed to tastefully cover nudity while staying faithful to the themes and setting.
- Some scenes have been rearranged to keep their meaning but reduce the explicit factor.
- Some animations and scene framing have been changed to meet the Mature rating requirements.
- New, more accessible version of the fan-favorite Lovecraftian horror
- Focused on the beloved story and gameplay, with less shocking content
- Story told from a cult member’s perspective
- Run, hide, sneak or fight using survival horror mechanics
- Setting and style inspired by the works of Lovecraft, Giger, and Beksiński
- Meaningful choices and elements of RPG-like progression
- Mind-bending puzzles to test your wits
- Sound recorded on-location in derelict period buildings