KOREA IS IN THE SPOTLIGHT WITH TWO PROGRAMS OF ANIMATED SHORTS
The Fantasia International Film Festival, whose 26th edition began on July 14, is taking place in Montreal until August 3, 2022. Over the next few days, the public will be able to discover several world premieres and in the presence of special guests. The films include THE HARBINGER by Andy Mitton and DARK NATURE by Berkley Brady. Korean animation will also be honoured through two short film programs presented at the McCord Museum and the Cinémathèque Québécoise.
On the program for the next few days:
- Korea arrives at My First Fantasia – Monday, July 18 at 1 pm and 3 pm at the McCord Museum A free round trip in the Korean imagination through their distinctive and endearing animation.
- Dark Nature by Berkley Brady – Monday, July 18 at 9:35 pm at the Salle J.A DeSève.
A spiritual retreat to deal with the traumas of the past puts five women in a forest at risk. World Premiere
- Korean Animation: Carte Blanche – Tuesday, July 19 at 6:30 pm at the Cinémathèque Québecoise.
As part of its cycle dedicated to Korean animation, Fantasia is proud to present this Carte Blanche, programmed by the KIAFA (Korean Independent Animation Filmmakers Association) team.
- We Might As Well Be Dead by Natalia Sinelnikova – Tuesday, July 19 at 9:30 pm at the SGWU Alumni Auditorium (H-110).
The utopia of a perfectly well-established community is disturbed in the director’s first speculative feature film. Canadian premiere
- The Harbinger by Andy Mitton: Wednesday, July 20 at 9:35 p.m. and Friday, July 22 at 1:50 p.m. at the Salle J.A DeSève.
Nightmares are contagious in this terrifying vision of Andy Mitton. World Premiere
- Relax I’m From The Future by Luke Higginson: Wednesday, July 20 at 6:40 pm at the SGWU Alumni Auditorium (H-110).
A visitor from the future, a queer punk and a ruthless temporal agent try to save the world… or something like that. World Premiere
The guests of the next few days are:
- Korean Animation: Carte Blanche: Choi Yujin (director)
- We Might As Well Be Dead: Natalia Sinelnikova (director)
- Employee Of The Month: Véronique Jadin (director)
- Chun Tae-Il as Jun-pyo Hong (director)
- Hypochondriac: Addison Heimann (director)
- Sissy: Kane Senes (director) and Hannah Barlow (director)
- Chorokbam as Yoon Seo-jin (director)
- Relax I’m From The Future: Luke Higginson (réalisateur), Gabrielle Graham (actress)
- The Harbinger: Andy Mitton (director), Cody Braverman (actor), Jay Dunn (actor), Laura Heisler (actress), Gaby beans (actor) and Justin Myles Walker (actor)
- Dark Nature: Berkley Brady (director)
The 26th edition of the Fantasia International Film Festival is taking place until August 3, 2022 in theatres in Montreal. Moviegoers are invited to purchase their tickets online on the festival’s website.
The full list of films from the 2022 selection is available at fantasiafestival.com.