What could be more stylish than a name? Everyone has one and it is really one of the first things people know about you. Here is a list of the most popular male and female names for the year 2009:
10) Christopher: The name comes from "Christ" and means the anointed one. Celebrities with the name include Christopher Pine (Captain Kirk in "Star Trek"), Christopher Noth (Mr. Big in "Sex and the City") and Christopher Cooper (from "The Hangover").
9) Joseph: One in 128 males have the name Joseph. Celebrities with the name include Joseph Fiennes (from "Flash Forward"), Joseph Wapner (Judge Wapner) and Joseph Conrad (author of "Heart of Darkness")
8) Richard: A name that means powerful leader. Celebrities with the name include Richard Gere (from "Pretty Woman"), Richard Branson (owner of Virgin) and Richard Pryor (comedian).
7) Mary: English version of the Hebrew name Miriam. It has several meanings including lifted up, bitterness and beloved. Celebrities with the name include Mary J. Blige (singer), Mary-Louise Parker (from "Weeds") and Mary Pickford (actress, America's sweetheart).
6) William: A regal name in which short forms like Bill and Will are popular. Celebrities with the name include William Shatner (from "Boston Legal"), Prince William (second in line to the British throne) and Will Ferrell (comedic actor).
5) David: Popular since King David was the second king of Israel around 3,000 years ago. Celebrities with the name include David Beckham (soccer player), David Hasslehoff (from "Baywatch") and David Duchovny (from "Californication").
4) Robert: In the United States an incredible one in 64 males have this name. Celebrities with the name include Robert Pattinson (from "Twilight"), Robert DeNiro (from "Taxi Driver") and Robert Downey Jr. (from "Sherlock Holmes").
3) John: Is from the Hebrew name. Can be both a family name and a first name. Celebrities with the name include Johnny Depp (from "Pirates of the Caribbean"), John Cusack (from "2012") and John Legend (R&B singer).
2) James: A noble name that came from the name Jacob. Versions of the name exist in dozens of languages. Celebrities with the name include James Dean (actor), Jimmy Fallon (actor/talk show host) and James Franco (from "Pineapple Express").
1) Michael: From the Hebrew word meaning he who is like God. Celebrities with the name include Michael Jackson (singer), Michael Jordan (basketball player) and Michael Moore (documentary director).