It's been five years since Mia Thermopolis (Anne Hathaway) found out that she was crowned princess of Genovia. "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement" picks up where the first film left off. Mia is close to turning 21, which by Genovian standards means that she must find a man to marry. Having recently graduated from college, Mia returns to Genovia to take her role as princess, and future queen! For her 21st birthday, her grandmother Queen Clarice (Julie Andrews) organizes a ball in Mia's honour. Many suitors try to sweep her off her feet, but it is a mysterious man named Nicholas Devereaux (Chris Pine) that attracts Mia's attention. Later Mia finds out that Nicholas' father is actually plotting against her, which changes her feelings for Nicholas… or does it? Mia convinces herself, and tries to convince Nicholas, that she hates him. However, this does not appear to be the truth. Meanwhile, Mia is set up with Andrew Jacoby (Callum Blue), whom she has a great time with, but realizes that there is no love between them, and there's nothing that's more important to Mia. What will Mia do? Will she marry Andrew anyway, in order to become queen? Or forget about being queen and wait for true love instead? "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement" is a wonderful movie that explores love, friendship and the belief in one's self. Anne Hathaway 's performance is credible and engaging, and while Julie Andrews is simply charming in the role of Queen Clarice. A surefire hit amongst pre-teen girls.
– "Royal Bloopers": out-takes from the filming of this movie.
– "The PD2 Makeover": Anne Hathaway's stand-in (NAME) experiences her own royal transformation, as she is pampered by hair and makeup artists and gets the chance to wear the actual gowns from the movie.
– "Deleted Scenes with Garry Marshall Introductions": Marshall explains why certain scenes were taken out of the movie, which are then featured.
– "Breakaway": music video by Kelly Clarkson
– "Find Your Inner Princess": take this personality quiz to find out your princess personality.
– "Making A Return Engagement Hosted by Raven": music sensation Raven gives a foreword to this segment, which features interviews with the actors from this movie about their experiences on set. Did you know that Anne Hathaway had reservations about doing the sequel? In the end, she was thrilled to be a part of the production!
– " A Julie and Garry Commentary": Julie Andrews and Garry Marshall speak about their on-set experiences.