The year 2011 MusiCares tribute was to the legend that is Barbra Streisand. MusicCares is an organization that pays tribute to artists who have been philanthropic throughout their careers. Streisand has been associated with multiple charities over her career. Issues such as women’s rights, human rights, AIDS, and gender equality have been on her list. Establishing her own foundation, The Streisand Foundation, she has given millions to various charities.
In February of 2011 during Grammy Week in Los Angeles a night was organized that featured plenty of stars brought together to honour Barbra Streisand. During the evening people like Faith Hill, Lea Michele, Diana Krall, and Stevie Wonder perform La Streisand’s songs. Plus to top off the evening we get two songs from the lady herself.
My only complaint is that it seemed to go by too quickly. It all seemed a little rush. That plus only two songs from Barbra.
- Down With Love / Get Happy/ Make Someone Happy – Diana Krall
02. Guilty – Seal
03. Somewhere – Leona Lewis
04. On a Clear Day (You Can See Forever) / Lazy Afternoon – Herbie Hancock and Nikki Yanofsky
05. My Man – Lea Michele
06. Come Rain or Come Shine – Jeff Beck, LeAnn Rimes and BeBe Winans
07. Send in the Clowns – Faith Hill
08. One Less Bell to Answer / A House Is Not a Home – Kristin Chenoweth and Matthew Morrison
09. Memory – Barry Manilow
10. Smile – Tony Bennett
11. People – Stevie Wonder featuring Arturo Sandoval
12. Windmills of Your Mind – Barbra Streisand
13. The Promise (I’ll Never Say Goodbye) – Barbra Streisand
Special Features: Booklet