If you are a guitar connoisseur and/or fanatic then this will keep you up at nights. Meaning you will be so excited by it that you will watch it over and over. At over 5 hours or 45 songs long it has a lot of meat for you to sink your teeth into.
The Crossroads Music Festival is something that Eric Clapton started in 2004 and has done every 3 years since. Besides being a music festival it is also a fundraiser for the Crossroads Centre (a drug treatment centre in Antigua). The festival is meant to be a showcase for some of the music industry’s best guitarists.
Most recently the festival was held over two nights this past April in NYC at Madison Square Gardens. Besides Slow Hands himself you get Vince Gill, Booker T., Keb Mo, The Robert Cray Band, B.B. King, Jimmie Vaughan, Gary Clark Jr., John Mayer, Buddy Guy, Keith Urban, Los Lobos, Jeff Beck, Keith Richards, and Taj Mahal amongst others. Songs like “Tears in Heaven”, Lay Down Sally”, “Don’t Let Me Down”, “Save the Last Dance for Me”, “Midnight Rider”, and “The Needle and the Damage Done” are here for your listening and viewing enjoyment.
It must have been an incredible concert to take in, but if you didn’t get the chance then this blu-ray affords you the opportunity to see it in high definition and crystal clear sound.
- Tears In Heaven – Eric Clapton
- Spider Jiving – Eric Clapton with Andy Fairweather Low
- Lay Down Sally – Eric Clapton with Vince Gill
- Time Is Tight – Booker T. with Steve Cropper
- Born Under A Bad Sign – Booker T. with Steve Cropper, Keb Mo , Blake Mills, Matt Guitar Murphy & Albert Lee
- Green Onions – Booker T. with Steve Cropper, Keb Mo , Blake Mills, Matt Guitar Murphy & Albert Lee
- Great Big Old House – The Robert Cray Band
- Everyday I Have The Blues – The Robert Cray Band with B.B. King, Eric Clapton & Jimmie Vaughan
- Next Of Kindred Spirit – Sonny Landreth
- Cry – Doyle Bramhall II with Alice Smith
- Bullet And A Target – Doyle Bramhall II with Citizen Cope
- She s Alright – Doyle Bramhall II with Gary Clark Jr.
- This Time – Earl Klugh
- Mirabella – Earl Klugh
- Heavenly Bodies – Kurt Rosenwinkel
- Big Road Blues – Kurt Rosenwinkel with Eric Clapton
- Next Door Neighbor Blues – Gary Clark Jr.
- Queen Of California – John Mayer
- Don t Let Me Down John Mayer with Keith Urban
- Damn Right, I ve Got The Blues – Buddy Guy with Robert Randolph & Quinn Sullivan
- Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad – The Allman Brothers Band with Eric Clapton
- Whipping Post – The Allman Brothers Band
- Congo Square – Sonny Landreth with Derek Trucks
- Change It – John Mayer with Doyle Bramhall II
- Ooh-Ooh-Ooh – Jimmie Vaughan
- Save The Last Dance For Me – Blake Mills with Derek Trucks
- I Got To Let You Know – Los Lobos with Robert Cray
- Don t Worry Baby – Los Lobos
- The Needle And The Damage Done – Allman, Haynes, Trucks
- Midnight Rider – Allman, Haynes, Trucks
- I Ain t Living Long Like This – Vince Gill with Albert Lee
- Tumbling Dice Vince Gill with Keith Urban & Albert Lee
- Walkin Blues – Taj Mahal with Keb Mo
- Diving Duck Blues – Taj Mahal with Keb Mo
- When My Train Pulls In – Gary Clark Jr.
- Please Come Home – Gary Clark Jr.
- Going Down – Jeff Beck with Beth Hart
- Mná Na Héireann – Jeff Beck
- Key To The Highway Eric Clapton with Keith Richards
- I Shall Be Released – Eric Clapton with Robbie Robertson
- Gin House Blues – Andy Fairweather Low with Eric Clapton
- Got To Get Better In A Little While – Eric Clapton
- Crossroads – Eric Clapton
- Sunshine Of Your Love – Eric Clapton
- High Time We Went – Ensemble