Summer is here. People are out on the city’s terraces enjoying cold adult beverages. Perfect timing for one of the city’s more popular festivals (180,000 are expected to attend) to happen. As far as beer festivals go the Mondial de la Bière held right here in Montreal is the most important in all of North America. The 23rd edition of the Mondial gives fans of beer and cider the opportunity to taste a wide variety of products from all over the world. Almost any brewery that is worth mentioning is there waiting for you to discover what they and their products are all about.
Mondial de la Bière is all about having a great experience while drinking beer or ciders. That means pairing the correct foods with the beer you are drinking and being responsible with the amount you drink. Besides the beer/cider tasting there are a ton of things to do at the Mondial. Just a few examples of what is happening at this year’s edition include:
- FLAVEURS, BIÈRE ET CAPRICES – A brand new addition this year is a gastronomy site that will feature ten chefs and brewers showing pairings of drink and food. This will happen the first two days of the festival – Wednesday and Thursday – from 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- COME SEE THE BREWERS – For three days – Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday – several brewers will be there to meet the public and answer questions.
- MBEER GUIDED TOURS – At the MBeer booth you get a brief history of the beer world and then as guided by an expert you leave to follow a predetermined path around the Mondial. Groups will not be bigger than 10 people so you don’t feel lost in the crowd.
- BEER AND CHEESE PAIRING WORKSHOPS
- BREWERY VISITS – Tours of select breweries so you can learn about the beer making process.
- FOOD KIOSKS – Examples of food to be found include: pretzels, fudge, sausages, sandwiches, poutine, pulled pork, grilled cheese, popcorn, and pad thai.
Additional Information :
-Dates : June 8-12, 2016
Palais des congrès de Montréal
201 Viger Street West
(Place-d’Armes métro station)
Palais des congrès ESPLANADE
DE LA GAUCHETIÈRE Street between CHENEVILLE and CÔTÉ Street
Tasting coupons: $1.00 each
Cost of one tasting: 2 to 8 coupons (for most beers)
Quantity served: 2 ounces (minimum) up to 8 ounces
-Hours: WEDNESDAY and THURSDAY: 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.
FRIDAY and SATURDAY: 11:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
SUNDAY: 11:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.