Things have gotten crazy. So crazy that Superman (voiced by Kyle MacLachlan) cannot handle it on his own. This villain is a really big baddie. So in order to have a fighting chance Superman gathers together a band of other superheroes who become known as the Justice League. Batman (voiced by Jeremy Sisto), Wonder Woman (voiced by Lucy Lawless), Green Lantern (voiced by David Boreanaz), Martina Manhunter (voiced by Miguel Ferrer), and The Flash (voiced by Neil Patrick Harris) begin working as a team. This is completely new to most of them so there are some growing pains. Though the growing pains have to be ironed out in short order as all of humanity hangs in the balance.
When this was done it was intended to be an ode to 1950s America. As such it was all done in that style, so don’t be surprised about the differences in the costumes (like Green Lantern’s might be a little jarring) as they were typical of the time. Think of it as a superhero period piece. Even the drawing of the superheroes is done in the style of the time. You’ll notice right off that the bodies are smaller and more like average humans rather than the muscle bound things they are today.
The origin story for the Justice League. For big fans this is a must. It will give you all the history of how this group of high profiles came together. With special attention paid to Green Lantern.
- Audio Commentary: Bruce Timm, Michael Goguen, David Bullock, Stan Berkowitz, Andrea Romano and Gregory Noveck
- Audio Commentary: Writer/Artist Darwyn Cooke
- Featurette: Retro Action Cool: The Story of Darwyn Cooke
- Featurette: Super Heroes United! The Complete Justice League History
- Featurette: The Legion of Doom: The Pathology of the DC Super Villain
- Featurette: Comic Book Commentary: Homage to the New Frontier
- Gotham by Gaslight Sneak Peek
- Digital Copy