The Mondial de la bière, America’s most important international beer festival and the first summer festival in Montreal, will celebrate its 26th edition between May 22 and 25 at the magnificent Gare Windsor de Montréal!
ABOUT THE MONDIAL DE LA BIÈRE
The Mondial de la bière was founded in Montreal in 1994 by three beer lovers including Jeannine Marois, president of the event since 2002. A unique and friendly tasting event, it is considered a doorway to the brewing industry in Quebec and around the world. In addition to its professional side, the Mbeer school of beerology and the Greg Noonan Mbeer Contest, the festival offers visitors an education about beer. Over the years, it has become the most important international beer festival in America and its reputation extends worldwide.
The Mondial de la bière also announces the fifth edition of the Brewing Week, scheduled to take place between May 20 and 26. A number of restaurants, bars and breweries will rally together to offer a whole range of activities linked to beer and beer gastronomy, in addition to the festival!
From its beginning in 1994, the Mondial de la bière has differed in its exclusive offering of international beers as well as a large variety of quality beers from Quebec. It is the ideal event to discover unique beers in a festive atmosphere, interact with friends and sample beers responsibly!
THE MONDIAL DE LA BIÈRE IN NUMBERS!
• 420 beers and 30 other products to sample (ciders, spirits, meads)
• 249 new beers — never offered at the event!
• 71 breweries including 36 from Quebec
• 26th edition
• 10 countries represented: Germany, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, the United States, Ireland, Italy, Norway and the Netherlands!
• 10 food kiosks
• 7 days when Montreal becomes Beer Central!
NEW PARTICIPANTS FROM QUEBEC
• 4 Origines (Montréal), Brasserie Mille-Îles (Terrebonne), 11 Comtés brasserie rurale (Cookshire-Eaton), Brasseurs du Moulin (Beloeil), Le Caveau des TroisPistoles (Trois-Pistoles), Ferme du Tarieu brasserie & distillerie (Sainte-Anne-dela-Pérade), Gainsbourg (Gatineau), Microbrasserie Au Frontibus (Gaspé), Ô Quai des Brasseurs (Bécancour)
PROFESSIONAL TASTING CONTEST
The 14th edition of the MBeer Greg Noonan professional contest is open to all breweries. 11 medals will be awarded (1 platinum and 10 gold) to the beers chosen by a jury of international experts—Announcement of the winners on Wednesday, May 22 at 5:30 p.m. at the show stage.
Daily performances at 7:00 p.m.!
• Wednesday, May 22: Apartment 5
• Thursday, May 23: The Hurt
• Friday, May 24: The Royals
• Saturday, May 25: Croche Blanche
There will be continuous musical animation and DJ Pat the Brat will be on every day!
Educational Tastings: Beers and cheeses will be served daily (quantity limited) starting at 3:30 p.m. at the Petit Pub (# 142-144). Commented by renowned beer experts.
Guided tastings: Themed tastings of 3 beers in the company of various experts. Register at the Petit Pub booth (# 142-144).
Games and entertainment: Offered daily at the Show Stage by Randolph Animation.
THE BREWING WEEK (May 20 to 26)
Seven eventful days when Montreal becomes Beer Central!
• SORTIES FLAVEURS
• Initiated in 2013, Sorties Flaveurs proposes a list of 11 audacious Montreal
restaurants that agreed to put meals cooked with beer on their menu. The
event’s mission is to reunite beer and fine cuisine and to present beer as a noble product with multiple flavors.
Participating restaurants : Toqué ! // Brasserie T ! // Au Petit Extra // Boswell // Bier Markt // CRémy Pâtisserie // Pub Brewskey // Station Ho.st // Trou de Beigne //Vargas // Vices & Versa // Le Saint-Bock
THE « OFF MONDIAL »
Artisanal breweries, microbreweries and beer bars invite the beer lovers to their special evenings, an opportunity to discover special or collaborative brews, often in the presence of foreign brewers.
Participants: Dieu du Ciel ! // 4 Origines // Bistro-Brasserie Les Sœurs Grises //Station Ho.st // Vices & Versa // L’Espace Public – Brasseurs de quartier //Les 3 Brasseurs // Brasseur de Montréal // Le Saint-Bock
- New site: Gare Windsor (1100, avenue des Canadiens-de-Montréal)
- New dates: May 22 to 25, 2019
- New schedule: Wednesday to Saturday, 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Transportation: Lucien-L’Allier, Bonaventure or Peel metro stations
Tastings: Rechargeable payment card/virtual coupon: $1 each
Cost: 2 to 8 virtual coupons per tasting for most beers
Quantity: 2 to 4 ounces per tasting
Glass: The souvenir glass is measured at 2 ounces and allows a serving of beer of 4 ounces maximum.
For more information, please visit our new website: https://festivalmondialbiere.qc.ca/ and our social networks: Facebook/Mondialbiere // Instagram/mondialbiere #mondialbiere