PREMIERES GLOBALLY ON JANUARY 5, 2021
- History of Swear Words is hosted by Oscar® and Golden Globe® winner Nicolas Cage.
- About the series: An education in expletives: the history lesson you didn’t know you needed. History of Swear Words, hosted by Nicolas Cage, is a loud and proudly profane series that explores the origins, pop culture-usage, science and cultural impact of curse words. Through interviews with experts in etymology, pop culture, historians and entertainers, the six-episode series dives into the origins of “F**k”, “Sh*t”, “B*tch”, “D**k”, “Pu**y”, and “Damn”.
- Production Companies: Funny Or Die and B17 Entertainment, an Industrial Media company
- Guest stars include Joel Kim Booster, DeRay Davis, Open Mike Eagle, Nikki Glaser, Patti Harrison, London Hughes, Jim Jefferies, Zainab Johnson, Nick Offerman, Sarah Silverman, Baron Vaughn, and Isiah Whitlock Jr.
- Experts include Benjamin Bergen (PhD, Cognitive Scientist, Author of What The F), Mireille Miller-Young (PhD, Professor of Feminist Studies), Elvis Mitchell (Film Critic/Host of The Treatment on KCRW), Melissa Mohr (PhD, Author of Holy Sh*t: A Brief History of Swearing), and Kory Stamper (Lexicographer, Author Of Word By Word).
- Executive Producers: Mike Farah, Joe Farrell, and Beth Belew for Funny Or Die; Brien Meagher and Rhett Bachner for B17 Entertainment.
- Showrunner and Executive Producer: Bellamie Blackstone
- Episodes: 6 x ~20-minute episodes