VRROOM X JEAN-MICHEL JARRE BRING« WELCOME TO THE OTHER SIDE », JARRE’S RECORD-BREAKING VR PERFORMANCE FROM NOTRE-DAME DE PARIS ON NYE TO SXSW ONLINE XR
EXCLUSIVE REPLAY SET FOR WEDNESDAY, MARCH 17 AT 6PM CST WITH AFTERPARTY EXPERIENCE & CRYPTO ART GALLERY LAUNCH MARCH 16-20
This past New Year’s Eve, VRROOM, in partnership with electronic music pioneer Jean-Michel Jarre, delivered « Welcome to The Other Side » (WTTOS), a live mixed-media virtual concert in Notre Dame de Paris cathedral, shared by over 75 million viewers across the planet via an array of digital platforms, TV & Radio networks, and in social VR. Following its unprecedented success, Jean-Michel Jarre & VRROOM are bringing some of that virtual magic to SXSW Online XR.
In three different virtual spaces, SXSW attendees will experience the acclaimed immersive concert, a magical after-party session, and a crypto-art gallery showcasing the Jarre’s latest digital creations:
WTTOS « The Concert » experience (PC and PCVR only)
- Jean-Michel Jarre took us into the New Year with a live-stream trailblazing concert-spectacular set in the virtual environment of the planetary landmark Notre-Dame de Paris. You can be inside the Cathedral facing the stage with your virtual friends and enjoy one of the most spectacular virtual concerts of our time.
- Join the exclusive replay on March 17 at 6pm CST
WTTOS « The After-Party » experience (Quest-compatible)
- Enjoy the TV broadcast of the show in a Zeppelin, dig inside street holes to fall into a 360 capture of the concert from many different angles and enjoy the live on a giant screen as if you were there inside Notre-Dame.
- This experience will be available the entire duration of SXSW Online 2021 from March 16-20
JEAN-MICHEL JARRE CRYPTO ART GALLERY launch
- Explore Jean-Michel Jarre’s crypto-art gallery, where visitors can discover the artist’s latest digital creations.
- This experience will be available the entire duration of SXSW Online 2021 March 16-20.
ABOUT JEAN-MICHEL JARRE
The French composer, performer, producer, visionary, innovator, cultural ambassador Jean-Michel Jarre is recognized worldwide as one of the pioneers of electronic music. His innovative approach to the visual and highly technological staging of electronic music has paved the way for this culture to flourish worldwide through renowned festivals.
His current catalogue, which includes 21 studio albums, has generated sales of more than 85 million albums worldwide. Jarre has also set records in the Guinness Book of Records through the exceptional participation of the public at his concerts in several emblematic sites around the world: 1m Place de la Concorde (1979), 1.3m Houston, Texas (1986), 2.5m Paris-La Défense (1990), 3.5m Moscow (1997). Throughout his career Jarre played some of the most exciting landmarks around the globe: He was the first western musician ever to be invited to perform in post-Mao China, and has also played the likes of the Great Pyramids in Egypt, The Sahara Desert, The Eiffel Tower and the Dead Sea.
In 2017 Jarre was nominated for a prestigious GRAMMY award for his album project Electronica (Pete Townshend, Moby, Air, Armin van Buuren, 3D/ Massive Attack, Hans Zimmer, Edward Snowden, Lang Lang). The highly acclaimed album project turned into a spectacular global live tour, ending with a performance at Coachella.
Jarre has long been UNESCO’s ambassador for education, science and culture, an unconditional defender of the environment and winner of the Stephen Hawking Medal for scientific communication.
JEAN-MICHEL JARRE is synonymous with the legendary as he continues to break new ground with each piece of music and live performance. With technology on the forefront of everything we do, Jarre quotes today as “the most exciting time to make music.”
Follow Jean-Michel Jarre: