Joining host Rob Lowe is a bevy of Hollywood A-Listers, Screenwriters, Academics and Critics as they guide us through the funny, weird and controversial clichés which appear on our cinema screens including:
- Aisha Harris – Writer, Editor, and Podcaster
- Amy Nicholson – FIlm Critic
- Andie Macdowell – Actress
- Andrew Garfield – Actor
- Anna Bogutskaya – Film Programmer, Broadcaster, Writer and Creative Producer
- Anna Smith – Broadcaster and Film Critic
- Caspar Salmon – Writer
- Daniel Pemberton – Composer
- David Edelstein – Film Critic
- Ellen E Jones – Film and Television Writer
- Florence Pugh – Actress
- Francine Stock -Broadcaster, Critic and Writer
- Franklin Leonard – Film Executive
- Helen O’Hara – Film Critic and Journalist
- Ira Madison III – Television Writer and Podcaster
- Jack Howard – Filmmaker
- James King – Film Critic
- James Schamus – Screenwriter, Producer, Business Executive, Film Historian, Professor, and Director
- Jess Cagle – Host, The Jess Cagle Show, SiriusXM
- John August – Screenwriter, Director, Producer, and Novelist
- Jonathan Ross – Broadcaster, Film Critic, Comedian, Actor, Writer, and Producer
- Kim Newman – Journalist, Film Critic, and Fiction Writer
- Mark Strong – Actor
- Nathan Rabin – Film and Music Critic
- Richard E. Grant – Actor
- Robert Englund – Actor and Director
- Sam Hargrave – Stunt Coordinator, Stuntman, Actor and Director
- Sanjeev Bhaskar – Actor, Comedian and Television Presenter
- The Lucas Brothers – Comedians, Actors, Filmmakers, Writers, and Producers
About the special:
Attack of the Hollywood Clichés! is a one-off special featuring some of the most famous films in cinematic history along with a plethora of Hollywood A-Listers, Screenwriters, Academics and Critics as they guide us through the funny, weird and controversial clichés which appear on our cinema screens.
Posed in a classic crisp suit, Rob Lowe invites viewers to examine the Hollywood clichés filmmakers can’t help but use, time and time again. With the help of the experts, Attack of the Hollywood Clichés analyses the origins and evolutions of everything from ‘The Ticking Time Bomb’, to the ‘Meet-Cute’, and ‘Females Running in Stilettos’ – there’s also a ‘Wilhelm Scream’ montage for real movie buffs.
Attack of the Hollywood Clichés! is produced by Broke and Bones, with executive producers Rob Lowe, Jon Petrie, Charlie Brooker and Annabel Jones. It is produced and directed by Sean Doherty, with Alice Mathias and Ricky Kelehar also serving as directors.
Ben Caudell serves as the head writer alongside Dane Baptiste, Sean Doherty, Erika Ehler, Jason Hazeley, Daniel Maier, Michael Odewale, Charlie Skelton.
The special will premiere globally on Netflix on 28 September.