Ben Giroux, Dove Cameron, Bryce Charles, Daniel Cohen, Rob Delaney, Carolyn Hennesy, Arnie Pantoja, Kevin Michael Richardson, and Charlie SchlatterVoice Star in All-New Series Based on the Best-Selling Children’s Book Series Series Produced by Nickelodeon Animation Studio
The misadventures of BIG NATE are coming to Paramount+. The all-new animated series from Nickelodeon Animation Studio is based on the best-selling children’s books and comic strip written and drawn by acclaimed author and cartoonist Lincoln Peirce. Set to debut early next year on Paramount+ in the U.S., Latin America, Canada, and Australia, the eponymous 26-episode series follows Nate, a precocious 11-year-old boy, and his best friends as they navigate sixth grade with humour and style. Paramount+’s BIG NATE animated series will feature brand-new original storylines centred on Nate, a sixth-grade kid who has a never-ending need to prove his awesomeness to the world. Whether he’s dealing with disasters at home or detention at school, Nate Wright is no stranger to a challenge. Luckily, he’s able to express himself through the world of cartoons that he creates. Charming, mischievous and a magnet for misadventure – trouble is always fun when Nate is around. The stellar lineup of actors lending their voice talent to the beloved characters of BIG NATE include:
- Ben Giroux (HENRY DANGER, DANGER FORCE, HART OF DIXIE) as Nate Wright – Sixth-grader Nate Wright believes he is AWESOME. He’s funny, entertaining and even a little insecure, but he’s not about to let the rest of the world know that.
- Dove Cameron (“Descendants,” “Liv and Maddie”) as Ellen Wright – Ellen is Nate’s older sister and the object of much angst for Nate. If Ellen has flaws, Nate’s never seen them, but he’s determined to find them anyway.
- Rob Delaney (“Catastrophe,” “Deadpool 2,” “Hobbs & Shaw”) as Martin Wright – Martin is a great single dad to Nate and Ellen, but life has not gone exactly as he planned. Parenting two kids is tough, and he’s doing it alone. But Martin doesn’t complain. Well, he does complain, but who doesn’t?
- Bryce Charles (“Blackish,” “Young Love”) as Dee Dee Holloway – Dee Dee is smart, excitable and able to pull off whatever the boys are incapable (or unwilling) to do, which makes her an invaluable member of the group.
- Daniel Cohen (LEGO CITY ADVENTURES, “Body of Proof”) as Francis Pope – Francis tries to keep Nate’s wild ideas in check, or at least keep Nate out of unnecessary trouble. They’ve been inseparable since they met in kindergarten, and Francis is the friend Nate counts on the most.
- Arnie Pantoja (“Final Fantasy VII Remake,” “Trolls: The Beat Goes On”) as Teddy Ortiz – Teddy is Nate’s main co-conspirator, a partner in chaos always willing to go along with Nate’s crazy schemes. But if there’s a chance they’ll get caught, Teddy has an amazing way of disappearing.
- Charlie Schlatter (THE LOUD HOUSE, “Justice League Action”) as Chad Applewhite – Chad is a sweet, harmless kid, and one of Nate’s good friends. Like Teddy, Chad is willing to help Nate with all his schemes, he’s just not quite bright enough to run away when things go sideways.
- Kevin Michael Richardson (“The Simpsons,” “American Dad”) as Principal Nichols – Principal Nichols is a good guy who struggles with being an authority figure. He tries to act like a friend to his students, but he always comes off as an adult who’s trying way too hard to be “cool.”
- Carolyn Hennesy (“Lego Star Wars: All-Stars,” “True Blood”) as Mrs. Godfrey – Affectionately called the “Creature Teacher” by Nate, Mrs. Godfrey more than lives up to the name. The woman is perpetually on edge and always waiting for someone – usually Nate – to step out of line.
BIG NATE on Paramount+ is executive produced by Mitch Watson (“All Hail King Julien”) and John Cohen (“The Angry Birds Movie”) and produced by Amy McKenna (“Beware the Batman”), with Lincoln Peirce serving as consultant throughout development and production. Bridget McMeel is co-producer.
Peirce’s humour-based books about Nate and his friends have spent more than 150 weeks on the New York Times’ best-seller list. The BIG NATE book series (https://bignatebooks.com/) is published worldwide in 33 languages and available as ebooks and audiobooks and as an app, Big Nate: Comix by U! Additionally, the BIG NATE comic strip is syndicated by Andrews McMeel Syndication and appears in more than 400 newspapers and online daily at www.gocomics.com/bignate. The BIG NATE comic collections are published by Andrews McMeel Publishing, and the BIG NATE novels are published by HarperCollins Children’s Books.