Set in the Milky Way the adored original Star Trek series aired from 1966 to 1969. The original crew of the Starship Enterprise reached cult status and will forever be type-cast due to their efforts. It is therefore no wonder that every new incarnation of Star Trek will forever be compared to the original.
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season One is the latest incarnation of the franchise. The new plot twist here is that the series reverts before the days of Captain Kirk’s reign. Star Trek fans seem to agree that the return to the early days of Stellar exploration feels palatable and rather enjoyable.
The return of the long-forgotten Christopher Pike, the original captain of the USS Enterprise, pre-dating Captain Kirk’s reign is an intriguing twist. All 10 episodes can now be enjoyed on DVD.
Anson Mount plays a vibrant Christopher Pike who is aware of his impending doom and must find a way to divert this deadly tragedy. Paul Wesley’s suave Captain Kirk will pop in for a few cameo performances near the end of the Season. Cadet Uhura (Celia Rose Gooding) and Ethan Peck’s Spock are all introduced in the first episode.
Expect smart underlying aspects on human issues to be included in every episode, bridging this new entry with the original TV series. Anticipate laughs and exploration of distant planets and civilizations.
Don’t forget to check out the gag reels, documentary, featurettes, and deleted scenes. I loved this wonderful new edition of Star Trek and I believe most Trekkies everywhere will embrace it as well.
OVER 100 MINUTES OF SPECIAL FEATURES
· PIKE’S PEEK (Exclusive) – Anson Mount takes fans through his journey as Captain Christopher Pike in the first season of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. Providing a glimpse into his portrayal with intimate footage throughout the season.
· WORLD BUILDING – Led by Production Designer Jonathan Lee and his team, the season’s production design utilized cutting-edge technology to create worlds prior to shoots, allowing the actors to fully immerse themselves into scenes rather than imagine the worlds around them in a green room. Through interviews with producers, cast, and crew, fans will learn about the expertise involved in the development process and how the powerful technology was seamlessly integrated into the show.
· EXPLORING NEW WORLDS (Exclusive) – Fans will explore the storylines and characters that bring Star Trek: Strange New Worlds to life with writers, cast, and crew.
· COMMENTARY: ANSON MOUNT & AKIVA GOLDSMAN – STRANGE NEW WORLDS (Exclusive)
· DELETED SCENES (Exclusive)
· GAG REEL(Exclusive)