Though many men do not put a lot of thought into their underwear or the type they wear, it really should occupy some of your thoughts. Most men just throw on whatever and really shouldn’t. We put on underwear everyday and it is an important part of your daily attire. Should be comfortable and sexy as well.
Big labels have put plenty of pesos behind ads for their men’s underwear lines. Much of the dollars went to paying high profile celebrities to pose in their underwear for ads. Some have worked out better than others.
Here is my list of the top 10 celebrity male underwear models in no particular order:
1) Mark Wahlberg: Long before he was a big movie star he was Marky Mark the rapper with huge pecs. He put that body to use being one of the first (that I remember) celebrities hired by Calvin Klein to model their underwear. The photos were infamous. As I said the pecs and abs made quite an impression. Oh yeah, his tighty whities weren’t bad, either. Good vibrations provided to one and all.
2) Kellan Lutz: It seems that vampires, especially male ones, have become the hottest thing going lately. Calvin Klein was smart enough to jump on that bandwagon and hired Twilight hottie Kellan Lutz for their spring/summer 2010 line. The brooding vampire he was in the films translated well onto the print ads. Oh, the sight of him in those black briefs…wow!
3) David Beckham: The man, besides being a talented soccer player in his day, is one of the world’s biggest sexual symbols and male fashion icons, so it makes sense that Emporio Armani used that to their benefit. He has done several series of ads starting in 2007 and they all have been scrumptious. And I’m sure sold plenty of underwear to females hoping their men would look the same wearing them. Mesmerizing!
4) Mehcad Brooks: Continuing on with the vampire theme, True Blood hottie Mehcad Brooks was signed by Calvin Klein. Seems to have no problem using his bod to promote the label. Shows off his rock hard body well.
5) Antonio Sabato Jr.: Another of the male celebrity underwear model pioneers. Before he became reduced to plying his trade on reality television, Sabato Jr. filled in his Calvin Klein boxers very nicely, thank you. The steamy pictures were akin to anatomy lessons for those who might need or appreciate them.
6) Djimon Hounsou: Known as a very intense actor, Djimon Hounsou is also a well-known model. Brought on as part of the promo for the Calvin Klein Steel line, his photos were powerful and artistic. Known the world round, his campaign was run globally. African-born he was just nominated for an Oscar Award when he started modeling for CK. The ads made him even hotter.
7) Cristiano Ronaldo: Soccer players have long been acknowledged as some of the fittest athletes on the planet. Portuguese star player made his name on the pitch as one of the best players in the world and more recently as one of the best bodies on the planet. His look is unique and he uses it to his advantage. His hair style and attention to fashion has prodded his male fans to pay more attention to theirs. Armani took notice of this and engaged him as the celebrity model for their underwear.
8) Freddie Ljungberg: Another soccer player. 33-year-old Swedish national player Freddie Ljungberg now plays for the Chicago Fire in the MLS of North America. He was hired in 2007 by Calvin Klein to model their underwear. Who can forget those larger than life ads of him wearing tight black Calvin Klein boxers with his body glistening with oil and sporting a tattoo of a black panther on his right hip?
9) Rafael Nadal: The Spanish tennis pro demonstrated that he is not only hot on the court. Another Emporio Armani model, his campaign for his 2011 line will feature a 20 foot high billboard on Macy’s in NYC. Exposure! Was said to be chosen because he promotes a healthy lifestyle. I guess the abs and biceps don’t hurt either.
10) Nelly: Was used by Diddy as his first underwear model for his line in July 2008. Demonstrated he is one rapper with rock hard abs. Made plenty of people happy.